NOTIFICATION OF ELECTIONS FOR THE POSITIONS OF TREASURER & REGIONAL REPRESENTATIVE – CENTRAL
Council on Monuments and Sites (REGN 1344/2012)
This notification is being sent at the email address registered by members at the time of subscription and is being posted on the COMOS website (www.icomosindia.org) for public viewing. COMOS will not be responsible for non receipt of notification by members. The election schedule is appended in Annexure 1.
- The election for positions of Treasurer & Regional Representative – Central, of Council on Monuments and Sites will be held on 16th June 2018 as per Para 12 of Rules and Regulations (Annexure 2) under the aegis of Mr Nitin Sinha, (India Member – ICLAFI & Member NSC -LAFI) , the designated Returning Officer. Please refer to the “About Us” section of the website to download rules and regulations.
- The polling will be conducted online via email. Voting members will receive a ballot mail from email@example.com & Voting members must “reply all” to that mail with Completed ballot sheets on or before 11.00 p.m (IST),16th June 2018.
- A list of voting members is attached and may also be viewed on the website (www.icomosindia.org)
- Final results will be announced by the Returning Officer at the AGM scheduled on the 16th June 2018.
- Valid Candidates can prepare a small note (not more than 500 words) introducing themselves or their objective / agendas and send it to the secretariat. Secretariat will publish notes from all candidates on the website.
- No canvassing for votes will be permitted on the official firstname.lastname@example.org list serve. Violation of this norm may invite disqualification of candidate.
- Voter list shall be uploaded on the website (www.icomosindia.org)
Each eligible voting member shall vote for the following
- Central Zone Representative
- NOMINATION PROCESS
- Eligible members (Individual, Young Professional, Institutional categories only) desirous of contesting elections are required to submit their nominations in the prescribed format (Annexure 3). Nominations must be emailed to email@example.com addressed to the Returning Officer between the 16th April to 29th April 2018 (IST).
- Nomination form must include the names and membership numbers of two nominees in addition to the candidate’s own membership number. The nominees must be copied in the email to the Returning Officer while filing nomination.
- Nominations should reach the Returning officer no earlier than 16th April 2018 and no later than 29th April 2018. Nomination received prior to or after due dates will not be accepted.
- Each candidate, the candidate’s proposer and second nominator must be eligible voting members who have paid at least two consecutive years of membership fees no later than 30th April, 2017
- Nomination forms will be received solely by the Returning Officer at the specific email id which will be accessed solely by the Returning Officer
- Candidates may withdraw their nomination by 22nd May 2018
- ELIGIBILITY FOR CONTESTANTS– Section 12 para xx of Rules and Regulations
- ELIGIBILITY FOR VOTERS – Section 12 para xx of Rules and Regulations
ELECTION SCHEDULE, 2017
|13.04.2018||Issue of Election Notification|
|14.04.2018||Display of Voter List (via email and on website)|
|15.04.2018||Issue of Nomination Form (via email and on website)|
|16.04.2018 – 29.04.2017||Receipt of Candidate Nominations|
|30.04.2018 – 06.05.2018||Review of Nomination Forms and preparation of First list of Candidates|
|07.05.2018||Announcement of First list of Candidates (via email and on website)|
|08.05.2018 – 14.05.2018||Review of list and Filing of appeals or objections if any|
|15.05.2018 – 21.05.2018||Disposal of appeals/objections, if any|
|22.05.2018||Last date for withdrawal of nomination by candidates|
|24.05.2018||Announcement of Final list of Candidate|
|25.05.2018||Dispatch of final Ballot sheet by email to eligible voters|
|11.00 a.m on 16.06.2018||Completed Ballot forms to be submitted via email by voters to Returning Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org|
|16.06.2018||Annual General Meeting
10.00 – 11.00 Final voting by members
11.00 – 13.00 Counting of Votes by Returning Officers
14.00 – Announcement of Election Result
EXTRACT FROM RULES AND REGULATION OF
COUNCIL OF MONUMENTS AND SITES
PERTAINING TO ELECTIONS OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
- Elections for the Executive Committee
An Election officer will be appointed be the Executive Committee Members of the Executive Committee shall be elected as per the election rules laid as follows:
- The Executive Committee shall decide on the date of election no later than eight weeks prior to the Annual General Meeting (AGM) at which time the election results will be announced.
- The President shall dissolve the Executive Committee after declaring the schedule of the elections and the name of the returning officer for the election.
iii. A returning officer for the election shall be nominated by the Executive Committee who will be an individual member neither contesting nor endorsing any nomination.
- The secretary shall circulate a notice to all voting members announcing the elections and calling for filing of nominations.
- Voting members will include all individual members, Young professional and Institutional members.
- Candidates shall be given at least three weeks to file their nomination. The last date for receiving nominations shall be at least five weeks prior to the AGM.
vii. Every candidate for election shall be invited to send in his/ her nomination in the prescribed form along with the following information:
- Name, Membership Number & Category, Post for which he/she desires to contest election, Occupation, Residential address, Experience
viii. Each nomination must be signed by a proposer and seconder both of whom must be valid voting members of the Society. A proposer and seconder can support only one candidate in each category / position.
- Candidates must email their completed nomination forms along with scanned copies of relevant documents to the returning officer within three weeks of the election notice. The returning officer shall circulate a ballot sheet with the final list of names of valid candidates for election through electronic mail to each voting member (the same shall be displayed on the website), at least four weeks before the Annual General Meeting.
- Returning officer shall announce the list of valid candidates within a week of last date of filing nomination to all voting members through email/website notifications.
- Any candidate who wishes to withdraw his/her name from the list can do so by writing to the returning officer within a week of publishing of the candidate list.
xii. The final list of candidates for the various posts shall be announced on the website and through email to all voting members by the returning officer no less than two weeks prior to the AGM.
xiii. All voting members shall post their vote by e-mail, procedure for which shall be posted on the web site or to all voting members by the returning officer.
xiv. The returning officer shall receive votes by email or through online voting till not more than two days before the AGM.
- Each voting member shall elect one regional representative from his/her region (based on the registered address of the member at the time of membership) and for the four other positions of office bearers: President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer.
xvi. The Returning officer shall collate all the emailed ballots and count and scrutinize them in the presence of two members (as witness) and announce the results at the Annual General Meeting.
xvii. Results of the elections shall be considered confidential by returning officer till he/she is authorized to announce them in the AGM by the President.
xviii. The seat for institutional member in the Executive Committee shall be held by rotation among the various institutional members based on a draw of lot. The name of the institutions completing their term will be withdrawn from the lot at the next draw.
xix. In the event of an insufficient number of nominations being received for the position of President and/or Executive Committee as herein before provided, those nominated shall be declared elected and floor nominations called for the remaining positions. If the number of persons nominated from the floor exceeds the number of vacant positions, an election shall be held. The proposer and seconder of any such nomination must be a member or a delegate for an Institutional Member.
- All individual and institutional members who have paid their dues for two consecutive years prior to election shall be eligible to contest and vote in the elections. Defaulting members must pay arrears at least 6 months prior to election to be able to participate in the elections.
xxi. At least 60% of total voting members should vote in the election to render the election valid
xxii. The President and members of the Executive Committee shall hold office until their successors are elected at the next Annual General Meeting.
xxiii. Should the position of President, or a seat on the Executive Committee fall vacant prior to the completion of term, members of the Executive Committee shall nominate/ elect the successor for a period of not more than six months, & hold election for the vacant post as per the rules. New elected member will only serve for balance of the term of office of the previous occupant.
[FOLLOWING CONTENT IS ARCHIVED]
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ELECTION RESULTS
The result of election for Executive Committee of Council on Monuments and Sites was held on 30th June 2017 as per Para 12 of Rules and Regulations (Annexure 2) under the aegis of Mr Nitin Sinha, (India Member – ICLAFI & Member LAFI NSC) , the designated Returning Officer and Mr. James Reap, the international Monitor from ICLAFI / ICOMOS
Following members have been elected:
President: Dr.Rohit Jigyasu
Vice-President: Ms. Gurmeet Rai
Secretary: Ms. Urvashi Srivastava
Treasurer: Ms. Vanicka Arora
Regional Representative – North: Ms. Shalini Dasgupta
Regional Representative – East: Ms. Ananya Battacharya
Regional Representative – West: Ms.Poonam Trambadia
Regional Representative – South: Mr.Pankaj Modi
Regional Representative – Central: Prof. Ajay Khare
Election process was conducted in the present of following observers:
- Prof. R.C.Aggarwal
- Ms. Natasha Khaitan